Christian Siriano




Christian Siriano








I love the harshness of the thin, sharp lines against the softness of the dress. I really like how much movement these expressive marks create and the detail they introduce as well. I like the way Siriano includes a frame around the illustration which links into the use of colour and material as I think it draws your eye into the centre, where the model is.











I think the size and dramatic shape of the hat is really effective as it has an impactful and eye-catching effect. I also like how the shape is simplistic and based upon the quick brush strokes. I really like how Siriano includes tiny feminine details to the model, such as the swirl on the shoulder of the oversized eyelashes and thin, delicate fingers as it makes the illustration more sophisticated and graceful.





I think this illustration is really interesting because of the angle of the dress. I would expect a front view or back view but I like the way a side view has been used as it really displays the volume and shape of the skirt. I like the way texture has been created using watercolour in the skirt as it is not realistic but truly conveys the way the skirt will look once made. The texture was emphasised by adding drops of water into the pink which meant the colour bled to the outside of the drop, giving the texture a more organic, and natural feel.



I think the models themselves are very extreme as their body is long and thin while there head is tony and disproportionate. I think the delicacy of the hands is really pretty and I like how they have shape in their hips as well. I don’t like how broad and masculine their shoulders are however. I included this illustration because of the detailing added to it. I think that these tiny marks are effective in displaying texture and technique and I think the use of watercolour to create them was risky as the colours could bleed and mix, but works well.