My Magazine Front Covers


My Magazine Front Covers



Doodle Bombing

To make this doodle bomb photograph, I used Photoshop and different tools, like the pen tool to add shapes and lines to the model. I also made the eye brows a lot bushier and removed blemishes. Overall, I really like this piece of work I have created due to the use of color and the placement of all the shapes. I really like how the wings and horns come out further than the magazine front cover as well. I think the simplicity of the doodling works well due to the large amount of writing and detail already on the cover. I also added an ombre effect to the lips and gave the impression of ombre across the circles on the cheek as well. I really like the contrast of the flat, cartoon-like shapes and images over the realistic photograph too.








Magazine Layout Design



The main image usually fills the entire background and sometimes will overlap writing to give depth.The photographs are often airbrushed to look more professional. The font needs to be easy to read, but the masthead must be unique to make it recognisable to the buyer. The selling line should be short and clear. The main cover line is usually the largest font (excluding the masthead) and each line has a separate colour. Cover lines fill the rest of the space, however are mostly in the left thirds as this is the main section of the magazine which will be visible, which is also why the font of the masthead needs to be unique and recognisable. The magazine front cover will also include a model credit on the right hand side and a bar code often along the bottom, but mostly in the least intrusive area, so the rest of the cover isn't effected.

Overall, I am pleased with my magazine front cover as I was able to airbrush the photograph to make it more professional and I thought through my use of colour and font so that it stands out, but is still clear and easily readable. I think the language used in my cover lines and main cover line are short but impactful and the selling line works well. I wasn't able to add a bar code as I couldn't find a good one to place within the time allocated to create this, however I would have put it on the bottom left corner or bottom right corner so it didn't affect the rest of the cover.